1 week - 2 trips

in the last 7 days i went to 2 places in the north of Portugal.

First i'm going to talk about Porto.
Every year i go there to be in the most known popular celebration of this city. It's called S.João. It's a kind of a celebration in honor of the patron saint of the city (23rd of June) . In the day before S.João, i went to Porto downtown, and unfortunately, there i could see many cases of poverty. Dirty beggars, some with no legs, no arms or
blinds.. They just stand there saying " Have mercy ! Give me some pennies ! "
I continued walking and i just found a beggar sitting on the ground, with a guitar on his arms, singin' with an incredible soul voice. I was just completely amazed ! I had to share this admiration... i called my cousin so she could listen to him too. That's when i noticed he was starting to play a very familiar song . I just thought " What fuckin' song is this? I know it from somewhere..... WAIT! This is " I'm Yours !! " I came next to him, and i started singin' along. My cousin did it too, and so about more 4 teenagers that were around there. Lately, it started to atract adult people too. When the song finished, everybody started to applause him, and throwing him money. I gave him the 5€ that i was going to spend for buying new headphones. It didn't want the headphones anymore, i just wanted to express my admiration and hapiness and gratitude and so much more feelings to that beggar.
I noticed that when everybody stopped throwing him money, he had about 15€ ! He rose up, he gave me an huge smelly hug (LOL), and he thanked me.
It completely made my day! I think there's no way of expressing all my gratitude for him.
(it's a pity i didn't took any photo of this moment. i left my camera in the hotel because it had to charge the battery)

In the next day, 23rd of June, i went next to the Douro river, where was the center of the celebration. I found a man sitting in a chair, pretending he was a statue, and he suddentely moved when somebody threw money. Here's a photo of him.


____

Before i went to Porto, i went to Gerês mountain range. It has some breathtaking landscapes, and ecosystems full of biodiversity. Of course i enjoyed it as an amazing trip for great photos .


this is me in the bumper of my car.


woow



near a riverine beach



me, in the rearview mirror



the sky


a waterfall !


they caught me taking pictures (taken by my dad)

___

i hope you guys liked this post.


Before i finish, i just want to express my deep heart pain for Michael Jackson's death.
Yesterday the Pop Music and the Music Industry lost its King. He's a Star that will be shining forever.


Rest in Paradise Jacko , you deserve.


- James

3 comments:

  1. Adorei o que tu fizeste pelo homem do Porto claro que tinha de tocar uma musica do Jason Mraz vê-se na tua cara que o adoras
    Ficaste bue bem nas fotos :)
    No planeta em que vivemos vai ser dificil mas felizmente ha sempre algumas pessoas que se lembram do que é bom
    RIP Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandes-fotos sim senhora o que fizeste pelo o homem e de valor oxalá nos tivessem feito o mesmo quando fomos tocar em fatima mas os Filhos da mae dos velhotes.
    ei...... lembras-te daquele putinho que nos deu dinheiro 25 Centimos que ganhámos nesse dia...(bons Tempos)
    Um abração aqui do teu amigo andré.

    ReplyDelete